Part 1 – How to get started with blogging for your tour business.
Dorene Wharton of TravelLife Media returns to Tourpreneur today to share ideas and tips on blogging for tour operators. In part 1 of our blogging strategy for tour operators, she shares the foundational elements of creating interesting and compelling blog content.
We also discuss why it’s crucial to overcome your fears and feelings of impostor syndrome when it comes to blogging.
We discuss the questions you should ask yourself before starting a blog and why goal-setting and understanding your ‘why’ for your blog are critical for your success.
We explain how you can use your blog posts as a jumping-off point for other marketing strategies like social media and content marketing.
We discuss why it’s essential to identify your target audience and the value of discipline and consistency in producing your content. We also discuss what you should consider when troubleshooting low-performing blog posts, the importance of mentally preparing yourself for feedback and criticism from your readers, and the pros and cons of hiring a ghostwriter to write your blog content.
“I like to think of blogging as a really good jump-off point for a lot of things.“
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- Key questions to ask yourself before starting a blog
- Getting over the fear of making your voice heard
- Using blogging to improve your website SEO and build your credibility as a tour operator
- Leveraging your blog posts for other types of content
- Identifying your blog’s target audience
- The importance of discipline and consistency when blogging for your business
- What to consider when troubleshooting low-performing blog posts
- Mentally preparing yourself for constructive criticism and how to handle harsh criticism
- How blogging for your tour business can really impact your company’s growth
- The pros and cons of working with ghostwriters and guest bloggers
This weeks episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast is sponsored by Checkfront
More about today’s guest Dorene Wharton
Dorene Wharton is the Head Marketer and Strategist at Travel Life Media, a company helping accommodation, tour, and event businesses better market their brand through multimedia and video.
Dorene has more than 25 years of experience in brand strategy, marketing, and communication through website copy. She previously worked for DW Consulting as their Business Development and Marketing Strategist and Top Drawer Creative as their Advertising and Marketing Account Director. She has a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from Haskayne School of Business. Her base of operations is in Columbia, where she lives with her husband while running their business with remote working and location-independent teams.