Part 2 – What Should Tour Operators Blog Aboutand how to organize your content!
In the second part of our Blogging for Tour Operators series, Dorene shares tips on what should tour operators blog about. Plus we discuss how tour operators can generate new ideas for your content.
Dorene highlights other types of content tour operators can create and why passion and conversion posts are both critical. She shares advice for blog content you can explore when you are just starting your tour business and the best keyword tools you can use to refine your posts.
We explore how tour businesses can use their competitor’s sites and others in their niche market to get content inspiration and how reciprocal sharing is an essential part of building your blog following.
Dorene also shares how you can organize your ideas into a content strategy, how Google Analytics can help you identify what’s working on your site, and subject areas you can cover to create an engaging tour blog post.
“Your local knowledge is really important to consumers.”
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- What Should Tour Operators Blog About exactly?
- What you should be writing about and how you can come up with topics.
- Other content formats you can create for your blog.
- What are passion posts and conversion posts, and why you should do both.
- Advice for tour operator blogs when you are just starting your business.
- Top keyword tools you can use.
- How you can use competitor blogs and content in your niche market for inspiration.
- Why reciprocal sharing of content from your partners and other sources is essential.
- How you can organize your ideas into a content strategy for your tour blog.
- Google Analytics tips for identifying what is working for your site.
- Blog subject areas, such as your people, your mission, profiles and features, and more
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by FareHarbor
More about today’s guest, Dorene Wharton
Dorene Wharton is the Head Marketer and Strategist at Travel Life Media, a company helping accommodation, tour, and event businesses better market their brand through multimedia and video.
Dorene has more than 25 years of experience in brand strategy, marketing, and communication through website copy. She previously worked for DW Consulting as their Business Development and Marketing Strategist and Top Drawer Creative as their Advertising and Marketing Account Director. She has a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from Haskayne School of Business. Her base of operations is in Columbia, where she lives with her husband while running their business with remote working and location-independent teams.
- Blogging Tips for Tour Operators
- Blogging for Tour Operators Part 1
- Trip Hacks DC
- Crawl New Orleans
- Tripadvisor Travel Forum
- Escape Bicycle Tour & Rentals