Tourpreneur’s Daily Briefing:-
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing?
Shane Whaley online travel veteran and host of the Tourpreneur Podcast sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
Tours and Activities OTA News, Global News, Tech and Digital Marketing News.
- Arival unveil their core values.
We are big fans of Arival and congratulate them on their growth and success in bringing our industry together. Every interaction I have had with the company as a guest speaker, moderator and podcaster reflect the values they have set out today. I hope you will join me in supporting their mission.
- Thinking about getting your sustainable operation certified? Arival ask several tour operators if sustainability certifications are worth It? (Features Miranda from Namaste in Nature who appeared on Episode 6 of the Tourpreneur Podcast.)
- So, what’s the story behind the Tourpreneur Daily Brief? Shane gets personal and shares with you how fear of ‘looking stupid’ motivated him to create the brief.
- Sightseeing Pass announces Malaga as their 15th city and their first pass available in Europe.
- WATCH: HolidayPirates on winning social media and not using Google. HolidayPirates has over 11m Facebook followers and 91% of its traffic is organic. (Ok these are not a tours/activities site but it is still worth listening to their CEO David Armstrong to learn more about their strategy and what we may be able to implement in our marketing. Run time 15.26 mins)
Got OTA/Tech/Global news email us here.
Listen to the latest episode of Tourpreneur, the podcast for tour operators and tour professionals.Tours and Activities in the News
On Episode 10 of Tourpreneur, Ingrid reveals more about her decision to build ATLAS, a comparison tool for booking software reservation providers in the tour and activity sector.
We also ask Ingrid Edstrom what are some of the most common mistakes she sees tour operators making and how they can be avoided.
The Tourpreneur Podcast is available on all good podcast apps as well as Spotify, Youtube, Itunes,Google Podcasts and always available on Tourpreneur.com
Tours and Activities in the News
- Now you can zip line off the Eiffel Tower at 55 miles per hour. A new attraction in Paris lets tourists take a half-mile-long zip line from the second floor of the Eiffel Tower. Didn’t Grace Jones do this in a View to a Kill?
- Urban Adventures announces Lyon as their newest destination in France.
- Silver Line Tours storm-chasing tour vans hit by rain-wrapped satellite tornado. This one is not on my bucket list.
- New kayak, bike tours cover Detroit’s auto history. The nonprofit MotorCities National Heritage Area is partnering with seven local tour operators to offer public excursions this summer that highlight the state’s automotive and labor heritage.
Attractions in the News
- Broadway Museum in the Works.
Spotlighting the evolution of the industry from the late 1800’s, the Museum of Broadway is scheduled to run from April through December 2020 with the possibility for an extension.
- George Lucas Calls Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge “Star Tours on Steroids”
- At Disneyland’s new ‘Star Wars’ attraction, brace yourself for $200 lightsabers, $42 cocktails and 4 a.m. lines
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief
- Baja Eco-Lodge Manager, Baja, Mexico.
- Director of Sales and Marketing, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, NYC.
- Group Sales Manager, The National WWII Museum, New Orleans.
- Head of Marketing, Klook, London
- Trade Sales Manager – North East Coast USA, Merlin Entertainments, Goshen, NY
- OTA Headout has 8 exciting opportunities in their Berlin, NYC, and Bengaluru offices.
1. Sr. BD Manager – DACH + Holland
2. Sr. BD Manager – Spain
3. Sr BD Manager – New York
4. Sr BD Manager – Italy
5. Operations Manager – NYC
6. Senior Category Manager – India
7. Associate Category Manager – India
8. Sr. BD Manager – India
- Global Sales Specialist – Urban Adventures, Toronto, NYC, London.
- Regional Manager, Middle East, GetYourGuide, Dubai.
- VP Global Head of Sales and Customer Support. – TourRadar, Vienna/Toronto.
- Destination Manager, GetYourGuide, Sydney.
- Director of People Operations, GetYourGuide, Berlin.
- Director of Tour Operations- US, Walks, (relocation to Austin necessary)