On this episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast with Shane Whaley, Miranda Peterson reveals how she built a tour business around her passion for yoga and the outdoors. This is the story of Namaste in Nature.
I founded Namaste in Nature in 2017 to provide a fun, safe, unique & sustainable experience for both mind & body. I welcome everyone including beginners to enjoy a respite from modern stresses, anxieties and routines while celebrating and appreciating nature.Miranda Peterson
Namaste in Nature offer fun hiking combined with yoga in beautiful North Carolina.
On Episode 6 of the Tourpreneur Podcast, Miranda reveals:
- How she came up with the idea to combine hiking with yoga.
- Tips for dealing with permitting and government bureaucracy.
- How she hires tour guides and why passion is so important.
- How she applies the lessons she has learned from working in the advertising business to her tour business.
- Why she works with a business coach (and how she worked with 3 coaches before finding the right one for her.)
- Despite hundreds of hours of yoga teacher training, Miranda still suffered with imposter syndrome.
- What was it like leading her first tour?
- Why the diversity of her customers surprised her.
- Why pricing her tours was initially difficult and how she overcame the pricing challenge.
- Why she has started working with FareHarbor.
- Why she wanted to to work with AirBnB Experiences and be an AirBnB community leader for Asheville (as well as that this entails.)
- Tips for social media marketing.
- Podcast and books that have inspired Miranda with her tour business.
- And Much More!
Books, Podcasts and Resources mentioned on this episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast.
- Namaste in Nature
- Miranda Peterson – Marketing, Graphic Design, Yoga Teacher
- It takes a tribe: Building the Tough Mudder Movement by Will Dean
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Shoe Dog – A Memoir by the Creator of Nike – Phil Knight
- Conscious Capitalism by John Mackay
- How I Built this – NPR Podcast with Guy Raz
- How I Built this episode with Marcia Kilgore. One of Miranda’s favourite HIBT interviews.
- The Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast
- Check out Miranda Peterson’s epic Audible reading list for tourpreneurs.
Inspirational Audible Reading List:
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**k by Mark Manson
You Are A Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Conscious Capitalism by John Mackey
The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
Permission to Screw Up by Kristen Hadeed
It Takes A Tribe by Will Dean
The Yogi Entrepreneur by Darren Main