Tourpreneur’s Daily Briefing:-
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing?
Shane Whaley online travel veteran and host of the Tourpreneur Podcast sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
Tours and Activities OTA News, Global News, Tech and Digital Marketing News.
- Arival unveil their core values.
We are big fans of Arival and congratulate them on their growth and success in bringing our industry together. Every interaction I have had with the company as a guest speaker, moderator and podcaster reflect the values they have set out today. I hope you will join me in supporting their mission.
- Thinking about getting your sustainable operation certified? Arival ask several tour operators if sustainability certifications are worth It? (Features Miranda from Namaste in Nature who appeared on Episode 6 of the Tourpreneur Podcast.)
- So, what’s the story behind the Tourpreneur Daily Brief? Shane gets personal and shares with you how fear of ‘looking stupid’ motivated him to create the brief.
- Sightseeing Pass announces Malaga as their 15th city and their first pass available in Europe.
- WATCH: HolidayPirates on winning social media and not using Google. HolidayPirates has over 11m Facebook followers and 91% of its traffic is organic. (Ok these are not a tours/activities site but it is still worth listening to their CEO David Armstrong to learn more about their strategy and what we may be able to implement in our marketing. Run time 15.26 mins)
Got OTA/Tech/Global news email us here.
Listen to the latest episode of Tourpreneur, the podcast for tour operators and tour professionals.Tours and Activities in the News
On Episode 10 of Tourpreneur, Ingrid reveals more about her decision to build ATLAS, a comparison tool for booking software reservation providers in the tour and activity sector.
We also ask Ingrid Edstrom what are some of the most common mistakes she sees tour operators making and how they can be avoided.
Tours and Activities in the News
- Amsterdam based OTA Tiqets enters the Japanese market and opens up Japan’s unique cultural sites to foreign visitors.
- WATCH: Thijs Van As, the lead product manager on Google Flights explains how machine learning, data, and other modern technologies can improve the travel experience.
- Also how Google thinks about solving pain points and friction across the travel journey – from inspiration to research, booking and the on-trip experience. (Run Time 15.26)
- 8 Tips to Land New Sales at IP
- Tourism Marketing Expert Stephen Ekstrom shares his 8 tips for getting more out of the meetings you’ll have at IPW or other trade shows you may attend.
Attractions in the News
- ”The Louvre Is Suffocating’: Museum Closed As Workers Strike, Citing Overcrowding.
- WATCH: Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History opens two exciting exhibits for summer. Butterflies and dinosaurs. (Run time 1.22)
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief
- Director of Sales and Marketing, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, NYC.
- Trade Sales Manager – North East Coast USA, Merlin Entertainments, Goshen, NY
- OTA Headout has 8 exciting opportunities in their Berlin, NYC, and Bengaluru offices.
1. Sr. BD Manager – DACH + Holland
2. Sr. BD Manager – Spain
3. Sr BD Manager – New York
4. Sr BD Manager – Italy
5. Operations Manager – NYC
6. Senior Category Manager – India
7. Associate Category Manager – India
8. Sr. BD Manager – India
- Global Sales Specialist – Urban Adventures, Toronto, NYC, London.
- Regional Manager, Middle East, GetYourGuide, Dubai.
- VP Global Head of Sales and Customer Support. – TourRadar, Vienna/Toronto.
- Destination Manager, GetYourGuide, Sydney.
- Director of People Operations, GetYourGuide, Berlin.
- Director of Tour Operations- US, Walks, (relocation to Austin necessary)