What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Shane sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
- TripAdvisor Places Big Bets on Experience Bookers Rather Than Hotel Shoppers
- CEO Steve Kaufer, in answering questions from analysts Wednesday, said consumers who buy experiences from TripAdvisor book right on TripAdvisor sites, and often become members while travelers shopping for hotels tend not to do so.
- Tripadvisor to ‘step on the gas‘ in the experiences space.
The TripAdvisor platform had 83,000 bookable experience products at the end of 2017 and 159,000 at the end of 2018, an increase of more than 90%.
Got OTA/Tech news – email us here
Tours and Activities News
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, trolley tours reveal Sarasota’s hidden romantic history.
- Last year, global travel bookings platform Klook recorded a 100 percent rise in couples’ purchases in February compared to March. This year, it expects that trend to continue and has introduced a “For Lovers” filter specifically to assist with the anticipated demand.
- Corning Museum of Glass joins Netflix series “Blown Away”
- A Visit to the Museum of Broken Relationships. One of the worlds most unusual museums is the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb. The collection traces its origins to a real-life breakup, between that of its co-founders. Apparently, every artifact is crowdsourced and sent in from people around the world.
People News and Career Opportunities
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Big Bus is looking for a Sales Account Manager in Washington DC.
- Urban Adventures are currently recruiting for 2 roles.
An entrepreneurially minded Tour Company Manager to join their new operation in Boston.
And for a Private Groups Specialist in their London, UK office.
- Got Account Exec experience then Fareharbor could be for you. They are listing several positions in Amsterdam, Boston and Sydney.
- TourRadar – Country Marketing Manager (USA) role based in NYC.
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.