What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Shane sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
- FareHarbor Partners with Reserve with Google
Reserve with Google allows users to buy tickets for tours,
activitiesattractions directly from the Google Search, Maps and the and Reserve withGoogle platforms.
Full partner list here, includes
Tiqets, Rezdy, Tripadvisor Experiences, GetYourGuide. with more on the way.
- ‘OTA market share is tiny’. ‘Experiences is just a buzzword.’ ‘The money is in the airport transfer’. Douglas Quinby shares the 6 dirty truths about tours, activities
- Southern California CityPASS Transitions to a Build-your-own Custom Experience to California’s Top Theme Parks
- England’s top 2018 tourist attractions revealed by Visit England.
Accolades were given for the following categories: Welcome, Best Told Story, Quality Food & Drink, Hidden Gem and Gold.
Got OTA/Tech news – email us here
Tours and Activities News
- Two tales of a city: Jerusalem tour guided by a Palestinian and an Israeli.
On this tour, one of the guides is Palestinian, one is Israeli, and they are taking turns to give their perspectives on the city. An upcoming guest on Tourpreneur told me he recently took a Belfast murals tour and their group had 2 guides, a Unionist and a Nationalist who also took turns.
- Being a Tour guide is a skilful balancing act. They’re expected to be cheerful and smiling at all times – A world traveler reports on some of the best and worst tour guides
- Tour Company Organises Titanic dive and dinner with 1907 Champagne.
Having looked at the price I expect one will need to be earning Leonardo DiCaprio level of wages to afford it.
- Universal Hip Hop Museum is coming to the Bronx. -The Museum is slated to open its doors in 2023 — just in time for the 50th anniversary of hip-hop.
- Las Vegas’s Neon Museum introduces themed Gallery Talks
- Why a Polish Billionaire Built a Museum in the Swiss Alps
People News and Career Opportunities
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Got Account Exec experience then Fareharbor could be for you. They are listing several positions in Amsterdam, Boston and Sydney.
- TourRadar – Country Marketing Manager (USA) role based in NYC.
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.