“You’re asking questions, you’re getting your participants, your audience, your clients involved… people want to have a voice, people want to have a say, and they want to be included.” -Claire Bown
What Makes a Great Tour Guide
On this episode, Mitch and Clare Bown — two tour guide trainers — dive into the state of tour guiding today, and the skills that make a guided experience truly powerful.
This episode covers:
- Creating lasting memories on a tour
- Hiring people who embrace change & learning
- Personalizing tours, encouraging participation and stimulating curiosity
- Storytelling and the importance of sensitivity
- The importance of being aware of your audience and ensuring relevance and meaning for them
About Claire Bown
Claire Bown is a Museum Educator and trainer who is a passionate advocate for creating long-lasting memories through immersive experiences. Her interest was sparked when she visited her children’s school and witnessed the impact of a museum visit on their ability to recall precise details and emotions even a month later. This realization motivated Claire to delve deeper into the world of day tours and explore growth and scale strategies in the multi-day industry.