Madison Eats Food Tours Owner Otehlia shares her Instagram tips for tour operators
Today Otehlia and I dive into the world of Instagram marketing for tour operators and strategies to help grow your tour business.
Otehlia offers insights into how Instagram can work for tour operators and which tools to use to maximize your reach. She shares her personal approach to Instagram and why creating an Instagram community is integral to publicizing your tour business.
We discuss the unique role that Instagram can play in marketing tours and why it shouldn’t be your main point of sale application. She also shares her process of trial and error when maneuvering algorithms in Instagram and offers a few tips for getting more views.
“Instagram is designed to be an entertaining social platform where we’re connecting to people.“
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- Understanding the strengths of Instagram and how to cater your content for better engagement.
- Othelia shares her favourite Instagram tools and apps.
- How to create content when your business is on hold.
- How to be active and interactive without devoting all your time to posting.
- The importance of authenticity in your posts and why showing “behind the scenes” can be more powerful than a carefully curated post.
- Instagram as a visibility generator and how creating a community can help your business grow.
- How to use hashtags and tags effectively.
- Breaking down Instagram vocabulary, what each tool is for and how to use them.
- Tips for getting Instagram’s algorithm to work for you.
- How to use your stories to engage viewers and draw them into the excitement that your company offers.
- What should be in your Instagram bio.
- Why Instagram is so underutilized and often misused by tour businesses.
- How getting personal and keeping things light can create more engagement.
- Otehlia’s top three tips for creating good content to improve your reach and boost interaction.
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by FareHarbor
More about today’s guest, Otehlia Cassidy
Otehlia Cassidy is the founder and operator of Madison Eats Food Tours, a premier culinary tour company that focuses on the local food movement in Madison, Wisconsin.
Otehlia first moved to Madison to pursue dual degrees in conservation biology and dance. While attending UW-Madison, she fell in love with the food scene and decided to pursue a career that would tie her love of food with her passion for supporting sustainable practices.
Shortly after graduating, she began a personal food blog which quickly grew into food tours, and eventually became the esteemed Madison Eats Food Tours.
Her company offers various tour experiences, including walking restaurant tours, bicycle tours, and themed tours, all highlighting local farmers and chefs with a focus on sustainable products.
Otehlia also offers food tours in Mexico and Cuba.
- Repost App
- Ring Light
- QuikTrip on Instagram
- Frying Pan Adventures on Instagram
- Chrissy Teigen on Instagram
- Distinction Travels on Instagram