Tour Operator Book Recommendations -By Tour Operators for Tour Operators
What are the best business books for tour operators? What are the best mindset books for tourpreneurs? We asked this question on our Tourpreneur Facebook Group and quickly received over 25 Tour Operator Book Recommendations!
I am a strong believer in the power of reading for everyone but especially for small businesses. There are so many lessons we can learn from books but where do we start when there are so many book recommendations for tour operators? Also, there are many business and self-help book published which are full of fluff. How do we sort out the wheat from the chaff?
The Book Club for Tour Operators
So we decided to create a Tour Operator Book Club, a place where we can share our favorite books, the books that have helped us grow our tour businesses and we go a step further, to actually discuss what we are learning as we make our way through the book.
Every month, we will ask for tour operator book recommendations and then poll our members. Tourpreneurs can vote for the book they want to read and discuss for that month. You will need to be a member of our Tourpreneur Facebook Group to vote in the poll and to read the discussion threads. You can join here if you are not already a member.
Depending on interest we may host a zoom session to discuss the tour operator book of the month.
Tourpreneur is the world’s only weekly independent podcast focused on activity and tour operators. Available on all good podcast apps. Subscribe here and never miss an episode of the show.
Tour Operator Book Club
December 2020 Book Nominations
- The Upstarts: Uber, Airbnb, and the Battle for the New Silicon Valley
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
- Go-getter: Raise your mojo, shift your mindset and thrive. By Emma McQueen
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture by Scott Belsky
- Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Napoleon Hill
- Financial Autonomy by Paul Benson
- Infinite Possibility: Creating Customer Value on the Digital Frontier by B.Joseph Pine II
- The Experience Economy by B Joseph Pine II
- The Power of Moments (Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact) by Chip Heath
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- The Science of Storytelling: Why Stories Make Us Human and How to Tell Them Better by Will Storr
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World by Rand Fishkin
- High Output Management by Andrew S Grove
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell
- Overbooked: The Exploding Business of Travel and Tourism by Elizabeth Becker
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage by Mel Robbins
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty by Patrick Lencioni
- Never Split The Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss
- First, Break All The Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently by Jim Harter
Please be aware that ordering from the links above will earn Tourpreneur a small commission.