Repurposing Your Content – Blogging for Tour Operators Part 3
In part 3 of our blogging for tour operators guide, marketing expert Dorene Wharton returns to discuss the benefits of repurposing your content into fresh, new pieces for different platforms.
We discuss what it means to repurpose content and the benefits of breathing new life into your existing content.
Dorene shares her tips on breaking up your content into multiple pieces for different mediums and how thinking about ways to repurpose your content while you’re creating it can help save time and inspire new ideas.
We discuss the pros and cons of releasing short videos versus long ones and how breaking your longer videos into bite-sized, shorter video clips can appeal to a broader audience.
We discuss the value of creating share-worthy content and tips for encouraging your audience to share your content with others.
Dorene also shares tips and strategies that tour operators can use to become more efficient with repurposing your content for multiple mediums and platforms and the tools and platforms you can use to repost your content and attract new audiences.
“We all consume information in different ways. If you can move into different mediums, you’re going to reach more people.“
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- How I repurpose podcast episodes into blog posts
- Strategies you can use to turn one blog post into multiple pieces of content
- Creating video clips for Instagram Stories, YouTube, and Facebook
- How to create a ‘traffic funnel’ to lead your audience to other pieces of related content
- How repurposing your content helps you expand your audience
- The importance of creating high-quality, ‘share-worthy’ content
- How to encourage your audience to share your content
- Tips and strategies to improve your efficiency when repurposing your content
- The difference between repurposing your content versus creating duplicate content
- The benefits of using social media scheduling apps to reshare your content on multiple platforms
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by FareHarbor
More about today’s guest, Marketing Expert Dorene Wharton
Dorene Wharton is the Head Marketer and Strategist at Travel Life Media, a company helping accommodation, tour, and event businesses better market their brand through multimedia and video.
Dorene has more than 25 years of experience in brand strategy, marketing, and communication through website copy. She previously worked for DW Consulting as their Business Development and Marketing Strategist and Top Drawer Creative as their Advertising and Marketing Account Director. She has a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from Haskayne School of Business.
Dorene has appeared on several episodes of the Tourpreneur Podcast sharing her copywriting and marketing expertise with activity and tour operators.
- Black Cab Heritage Tours
- Blogging for Tour Operators