On today’s Tourpreneur Podcast, we meet tour operator booking software company Peek Pro in the second installment in our Meet the Res Tech Series. Available on podcast format and you can watch our conversation on the Tourpreneur YouTube Channel.
Oskar – the CTO of Peek Pro, Michelle of Miami Tour Company, and Emilie of Cyclo Services join us today to discuss tour booking software from the perspectives of the booking systems developer, tour operator, and prospective client.
Oskar shares how Peek Pro differs from other reservation software.
Michelle highlights the Peek Pro features she loves, including its auto-review functionality, smartphone app, and abandoned bookings process. We discover how Peek handles different languages, how they process booking fees and handle payments and refunds, and the options for associating inventory to rentals and tours.
Oskar and Michelle also share how Peek facilitates training, customization, and client onboarding.
“I love this payment processing fee model because it aligns our interests with yours.”
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- The background of Peek, its full-featured reservation software Peek Pro, and what makes it different from other tour booking platform companies
- How Miami Tour Company commissioned a developer in 2002 to create booking software, moved to FareHarbor, and then to Peek Pro.
- How a Miami tour operator increased their online tour bookings by 30% when they switched to Peek Pro.
- How Peek Pro integrates POS and bespoke features into its booking software
- The value of Peek’s auto-review functionality, native smartphone app, and offline mode
- Building your tour operator website with Peek Pro
- How Peek aligns its payment processing fees with the interests of the tour operator
- How Peek Pro helps tour operators capture sales from abandoned bookings
- How Peek eases training and the onboarding process
- The two features Michelle wishes Peek would offer
Meet Today’s Guests
Oskar Bruening is the CTO and Co-founder of Peek, a company that helps people discover and book unique experiences and unforgettable trips through its booking system. Oskar loves exploring remote locations and experiencing local cultures in places such as Mongolia, Jerome in Arizona, and the Jeju island of Korea. He has more than a decade of experience at the top Silicon Valley technology firms, including Pipewise, VMware, Vontu, and Symantec. Oskar has a B.Sc and an M.Eng from MIT and an education in Fine Art from the San Francisco Studio School.
Michelle Moore is a Vacation Planner and President of Miami Tour Company, a group of friendly and professional tour guides with complementary skills offering bus tours. Michelle is also the President of Miami Beach 411 and thrives on change, providing exceptional service, and finding new ways to become better at what she does. She has an Associate of Arts and Sciences from Johnson and Wales University and lives in Miami with her husband, two daughters, and six cats.
Emilie Pelletier is responsible for Business Development at Cyclo Services, helping visitors explore Quebec City through cycling tours, bike rentals, and sustainable tourism. Emilie previously worked for Bus Tours of Old Quebec and acquired her apprenticeship as a guide through JPdL. She is also a local tour guide for Montreal Food Tours and the founder of Turque & Bicycle Experiences. Emilie is an entrepreneur passionately seeking recognition within the tourism industry.
This episode is sponsored by Blend Marketing
These friendly folks work exclusively on marketing tour and activity companies. They’re great to work and really get results; some of our fellow Tourpreneurs have said some very nice things about them in our Tourpreneur Directory and now they’ve released a totally free ebook that shows how you can increase your direct bookings by stealing the OTAs’ top tricks.
Check out that free guide at blend.travel/direct.