Meet the Marketing Agency with The Tourism Marketing Agency
Meet the Marketing Agency is a brand new series on the Tourpreneur podcast!
Social media expert, Social Tonic’s Shawn Teasley hosts a round table digital marketing for tour operators round table.
She is joined by tourism marketing expert Chris Torres along with tour operators Alan, and Amber to discuss the fine details of Facebook marketing for tour operators.
They discuss the top three things tour operators should know before working with marketing agencies and demystify the secrets behind making impactful Facebook ads for tour operators.
They highlight the importance of keeping social media profiles active—especially during the pandemic.
They also consider how tour operators should spend their advertising money beyond Facebook ads and underscore the role of communication in collaborating with tour marketing agencies.
“Facebook ads are like sending a thousand flyers to inspire people to pick up the phone and get in touch with you—except they’re more targeted.”
Chris Torres – Tourism Marketing Agency
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- Three things tour business owners should know before collaborating with a marketing agency
- Common challenges and misconceptions about using a marketing agency
- The most confusing aspect of Facebook advertising
- How to improve your Facebook ad campaign
- The importance of brand awareness when running Facebook ads
- How BeWild! sales changed since COVID
- Why competing with online travel agencies is inadvisable and why BeWild! pulled off from TripAdvisor
- The reason tour businesses should keep their social media up to date
- Pre-qualifying leads and why tour operators shouldn’t be afraid of mentioning prices on ads
- Advertising and marketing beyond Facebook ads
- The value of creating content ahead of time
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by Checkfront
More about today’s guest…
Chris Torres is a brand development and marketing expert. He is the Director of the Tourism Marketing Agency, an international digital organization dedicated to educating the tour, activity, and travel sector on business growth through customer acquisition. Additionally, Chris is the Director of the online travel agent, Touriosity.
Amber Rittinger is the CEO and Co-Founder of BeWild!, an adventure and wellness company. Born from the healing experience Amber encountered in nature, BeWild! seeks to make nature more accessible by providing boutique hiking experiences along British Columbia’s South Coast.
An expert on corporate activity, Alan Rust is the Founder and CEO of the America Tour Company, which offers the best culinary and history tours to those seeking to discover local communities. Before founding the America Tour Company, Alan served as the Director of Ecommerce Merchandising for Gordmans and served on the Board of Directors of the Old Market Business Association in Omaha.