Welcome to Episode 68 of the Tourpreneur Podcast. Today’s podcast is a little different from our usual format.
I invited Miranda Peterson of Namaste in Nature onto the show to share mental health and wellness strategies and tips for tour operators as we all struggle through the COVID-19 crisis.
A few weeks ago, I received an email from Miranda saying she was ‘here to help.’
Miranda’s email came at a time when I was struggling to get out of my funk.
Her messaged offered wellness tips.
She wrote ‘Now, more than ever, it’s important to put extra effort into maintaining your mental, physical and emotional health. Even if you’ve never practiced yoga or meditation or hiking before, here are 108 reasons (health benefits) as to why you should give it a try or keep maintaining your current practice.
I am the least ‘woo woo’ guy you will meet but much of what Miranda wrote, resonated with me. The importance of routine, movement, rest, nutrition, clearing the mind.
Today’s episode is kindly sponsored by Checkfront.
Checkfront is the booking platform trusted by over 5000 tour and activity operators around the world. You can start your own free 21-day trial over at Checkfront.com.
What we will cover
- The importance of meditation.
- How journaling can help bulletproof your mindset.
- The power of guided walking meditation.
- Shane’s daily routine which he says he needs to follow to stay sane.
- The importance of a good night’s sleep and how to get it.
- Eating healthy, Shane admitted he has been glugging too much red wine and stuffing his face with good cheese.
- Videos from Miranda that are designed to help all of us, of all ages and shapes and sizes.
- The app Shane is using to keep up the momentum with healthy habits he wants to create.
- And Much More!
- Namaste In Nature
- Miranda Peterson’s Youtube Channel
- The Story behind Namaste in Nature (Tourpreneur Podcast Episode 6)
- Calm App
- Budget Bytes
- Canon Rebel Camera
- Write Every Day
- Arival Online