What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Shane sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
- Klook CEO Ethan Lin in the hot seat. Informative Q and A session with Phocuswire’s Kevin May.
Ethan Lin claims mobile has been the ‘game changer’ for Klook. I must try their app on Weds here in Berlin to see if it is as good as he claims.
- What is “Distribution” in the Tours, Attractions and Activities Sector?
Tourpreneurs I know sometimes we struggle with some of the
techthat is out there not to mention the jargon. OTA, API, Channel manager etc etc
Redeampublished one of the best blog posts I have read on what exactly is a distribution strategy it is written with us non-techies in mind.
I like this post because it’s not
salesyand draws on the experience of current customers including Dan Rogoski, President, The Ride. Bookingkitcalls European first on Ctrip partnership for tours and activities. The German-based company claimtheir customers will be able ‘to promote their tours to more than 300,000 Asian tourists and offer real-time bookings.’ More on Bookingkithere. They are not related to Booking.com
Got OTA/Tech news – email us here
Tours and Activities News
- Walking tours: More Singaporeans are stepping up to this hot vacation trend.
- A new tour of Walt Disney Concert Hall starts tomorrow and it involves
an semi-augmentedreality cat-person. Really. You did not read that wrong.
- Tour The Chicagoland Speedway Facility Tours will
run runfrom April 12 through October 15 and also include tours of the Route 66 Raceway.
- Germany: Sausage museum re-sited after concentration camp outrage.
- IGN’s biggest look at Disney’s Star Wars Galaxy Edge.
People News and Career Opportunities
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Rezdy is looking for a Growth Marketing Specialist in their Sydney location.
- Walks are seeking a Director of Tour Operations– US based in Austin, TX.
- Tour Guys
ishiring seasonal tour guides in Toronto who can blend stories, jokes, historical fact, and their own perspective and experiences into a great tour for their guests. Apply here.
- Peek is looking for a Director of Product based in their San Francisco office. They are also on the hunt for a Mid-Market Account Executive in New York.
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.