Daily News for Tours, Activities and Attractions – Feb 5, 2019
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Shane sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
- Arival unveil full list of companies registered to attend its Berlin event.
They even break it down by category – 69% of attendees are operators. OTAs at 14%
- Gefeliciteerd! Congratulations to Tiqets who are listed in TNW’s 5 Hottest Start Ups in the Netherlands.
Got OTA/Tech news – email us here
Tours and Activities News
- Port Macquarie camel tours facing unusual challenges.
Tourpreneur John Hardy reveals how strong winds and the increasing price of hay are affecting his NSW camel tours.
- ‘First of its kind’ tour boat will change kayaking at Pictured Rocks
The custom-designed kayak launch system will be tailored to allow passengers to launch their kayaks offshore once the boat is parked.
- Sausage museum says it won’t build on site of former concentration camp in Germany
The German Bratwurst Museum come to their senses.
- The Love Story Behind L.A.’s Bunny Museum.
Atlas Obscura presents the story behind this unique museum.
- D-Day Flag Displayed in Rotterdam Museum.
Rotterdam art collector Bert Kreuk bought the flag in 2014 for almost half a million euros.
People News and Career Opportunities
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Headout are recruiting for the following positions:
Senior BD Manager (DACH and Holland.) (Berlin)
Sr Manager BD Business Development Spain (Berlin.)
Sr Manager Business Development – (NYC)
Sr Manager Business Development – Italy (Berlin)
- Walks are looking for a Guide Manager based in San Francisco.
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.