Daily News for Tours, Activities and Attractions – Feb 4
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Shane sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
- Tourism to the U.S. Fell Behind in 2018
Skift claim that the US is suffering a ‘Trump Slump’ based on latest stats from Tourism Economics. They claim international travel to the US grew by just 2% in 2018.
Tours and Activities News
- You can now visit Mary Queen of Scots and Outlander filming locations on exclusive new tour.
You had better be a super fan as the price tag on the multi-day tour is not for the faint-hearted.
- Talking of premium prices, Walt Disney World Just Announced A New VIP Tour With An Unbelievable Price Tag
World of Dreams tour’s price tag ringing up at $12,000, check the link above to see what your money gets you.
- A Weed-Centric Tour of Los Angeles, Starring Tommy Chong? Far Out, Man!
A blogger describes their experience on the inaugural Tommy Chong’s Live, Love & Smoke Tour run by LA’s Green Tours. I doubt they would let me on this bus because I am not cool enough – I had to look up who Tommy Chong is. I am also not rich enough at $250 a person
- Cnet reports on ‘Special Dam Access – The Behind-the-Scenes Tour of the Amazing Hoover Dam
- Air And Space Museum Closes Nine Galleries As Part Of Massive Renovation
- British Museum teams up with Louvre for revamp of Egyptian Museum in Cairo
The Rosetta Stone is staying in London though.
- Pearl Harbor submarine museum begins $20M project
People News and Career Opportunities
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Headoutare recruiting for the following positions:
Senior BD Manager (DACH and Holland.) (Berlin)
Sr Manager BD Business Development Spain (Berlin.)
Sr Manager Business Development – (NYC)
Sr Manager Business Development – Italy (Berlin)
- Walks are looking for a Guide Manager based in San Francisco.
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.