On Episode 21 of Tourpreneur a podcast for tour operators and tour professionals, Anna Karnowski, Senior Sales Director at the One World Observatory in New York City. shares her journey in the travel industry in our Tourpreneur Spotlight series.
Anna Karnowski reveals how she grew up in Idaho, brought up by a single Mom, moved to NYC and climbed the ladder in the travel industry. We also ask Anna for her advice on:
- How to hire sales professionals?
- How to interview sales professionals?
- How Anna motivates here sales team
- What is the best advice she has been given in the tours/attractions industry?
- Advice on using personal social media.
- Which influencer she follows to keep herself inspired.
- Which apps and tools she uses
- Tips on how to network at trade fairs/industry conferences.
- What is her opinion of the OTA landscape?
- Tips for traveling as a single female to 46 countries.
Some of Anna’s roles include:
- North America Sales Manager at Top of the Rock.
- VP, Sales at New York Water Taxi.
- Director of Sales at Spyscape.
Resources and websites mentioned on Episode 21 of the Tourpreneur Podcast with Anna Karnowski of One World Observatory.
- Anna Karnowski Linkedin Profile
- One World Observatory
- NY Water Taxi
- Top of the Rock
- Airbnb Experiences
- Tiqets App
- GetYourGuide App
- Simon Sinek Youtube Channel
- Keith Douglas, Managing Director Legends, One World Observatory
- Mary Farrell, Senior Director of Sales, Rockefeller Center.
- Travis Noyes, Founder, Attraction Services Consulting.
The Tourpreneur Daily Brief – never miss out on the tours, activities and experience companies who are making the news. Daily free email from the host of the Tourpreneur Podcast Shane Whaley.