How attractions are re-opening in Spain and Portugal plus life working at Tiqets plus what’s it really like working at Tiqets.
Jaume Vidal, Tiqets Regional Manager joins us today to discuss how Spain and Portugal are reopening tourist attractions amidst the coronavirus pandemic. He also shares with us what it is really like working at Tiqets.
He explains how the Tiqets platform works and how it helps travelers find new attractions and events to explore. He explains why he believes Portugal fared better than Spain during the coronavirus pandemic and how the pandemic has impacted international tourist travel.
He discusses how Barcelona venues are communicating their safety and security measures to reassure travelers to visit attractions and how the venues are promoting to local markets.
Jaume also shares what it’s really like to work at Tiqets and explains how Tiqets is currently marketing its services to help local venues increase their bookings.
“To venues now – communication is key.”
This week on the Tour Operator Podcast Tourpreneur
- How the Tiqets platform works and how it helps travelers and tourists find new attractions to explore
- How Spain and Portugal are reopening the tourism market amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- How the coronavirus pandemic is impacting international tourism
- Reassuring travelers to visit attractions amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- How Spain and Barcelona venues are marketing to their local communities
- Using small guided groups to control the number of people inside the venue
- How Tiqets is currently marketing toward locals
- What it’s really like to work as an attractions ticketeer
Meet todays Guest, Jaume Vidal
Jaume Vidal is the Regional Manager of Tiqets’ Spain and Portugal team. Tiqets is a robust ticketing platform that has revolutionized the way travelers and tourists discover, buy, and use tickets for museums, shows, and attractions throughout the US, Europe, and the Middle East.
Prior to joining the Tiqets’ team, Jaume worked as an International Promotion Specialist at Turisme de Barcelona. He holds a degree in Romance Philology, Romance Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics from the University of Barcelona as well as two Master’s degrees – one in Cultural Tourism Management and Tourism and Travel Services Management as well as one in Sustainable Tourism, Market Strategy, and Destination Management.
- Tiqets on LinkedIn
- Tiqets on Instagram
- Tiqets on Facebook
- Tiqets on Twitter
- Jaume Vidal on LinkedIn
- We are back! On July 1st with innovative hygiene measures – Casa Batlló YouTube Video