Shane Whaley gives you the rundown of the sessions he is most excited to attend at Arival 360 – Arival’s virtual event.
Arival events (sadly) are all virtual this year. I would much prefer to be boarding a flight to Phoenix, to meet with you all but it is, what it is. Arival has designed a virtual event calledArival 360 and in this episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast, I share with you which sessions I am most excited to attend.
Arival 360 is billed as ‘five great days. 60 plus sessions and one engaging virtual event.’
I know money is tight for many of us, so Arival is offering a 75% discount which is great because it means you can access all five days for $99
Use our promo code PTTR36020 to receive a 75% discount and pay as little as $99 for all five days.
This online event includes 4 jam-packed days of insights and practical advice plus a full day of networking and business meetings, over two weeks.
With 60+ sessions planned between 26th October to the 5th November there’s a lot of learning available! Non-stop connections are available throughout the two weeks providing you with great opportunities to build new partnerships and strengthen your existing ones.
Register here – https://www.arivalevent.com/arival-360/
So, I took a look at the agenda because I was mapping out my schedule and I thought it would be fun to share with you the 15 sessions I am most looking forward to attending at Arival 360. I am not suggesting you attend the same sessions as me though.
Ask yourself, what do I need to learn to survive and hopefully thrive as a tour operator in 2021?
“Before you select your sessions, ask yourself, what do I need to learn to survive and hopefully thrive as a tour operator in 2021?“
Shane Whaley – Host of the tourpreneur podcast
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- The background of Peek, its full-featured reservation software Peek Pro, and what makes it different from other tour booking platform companies
- How Miami Tour Company commissioned a developer in 2002 to create booking software, moved to FareHarbor, and then to Peek Pro.
- How a Miami tour operator increased their online tour bookings by 30% when they switched to Peek Pro.
- How Peek Pro integrates POS and bespoke features into its booking software
- The value of Peek’s auto-review functionality, native smartphone app, and offline mode
- Building your tour operator website with Peek Pro
- How Peek aligns its payment processing fees with the interests of the tour operator
- How Peek Pro helps tour operators capture sales from abandoned bookings
- How Peek eases training and the onboarding process
- The two features Michelle wishes Peek would offer