Tourpreneur’s Daily Briefing:-
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing?
Shane Whaley online travel veteran and host of the Tourpreneur Podcast sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
Tours and Activities OTA News, Global News, Tech and Digital Marketing News for June 28, 2019
- Q&A: Payment complexities in the growing tours and activities sector.
- Lego buys attraction operator Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments is the world’s second-largest operator of visitor attractions, with more than 130 attractions in 25 countries.
- Huangbaoche brings in $50M for guided tour driver platform.
Huangbaoche is a platform to find tour guides who will drive Chinese tourists in 1,800 locations in 90 countries around the world.
- Skift release new research report – How Online Travel Agencies Operate Their Marketing Teams: (cost is $195)
- Got OTA/Tech/Global news email us here.
Tours and Activities in the News
- These Awesome Las Vegas Food Tours Will Make Your Trip Unforgettable according to Forbes.
- Edinburgh’s bus wars latest: new open-top tour fleet unveiled. The new hop on hop off service will operate under the “Bright Bus Tours” brand, with prices undercutting those for the similar Edinburgh Bus Tours service run by council-owned Lothian Buses.
- Summer Fun Guide: Five unique Metro Vancouver biking tours.
How to Turn Lookers Into Bookers.
Chris Torres, has recently written ‘How to Turn your Online Lookers into Bookers’: the first ever marketing book dedicated to helping tour and activity companies improve their website, their performance on Google, and their social media engagement.
‘Lookers into Bookers’ is now available and you can download a free sample or purchase the book here. (Chris tells me the US version will be available on Amazon later today.)
In a digital world full of ‘empty suits‘ and ‘gurus‘ Chris is one of the good guys, he has advised many tourpreneurs on their digital strategy and he hosts the epic Digital Tourism Show where he shares his digital marketing ideas for free. This is not a paid ad nor an affiliate link, I highly recommend Lookers to Bookers.
Shane Whaley, Tourpreneur Host.
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief
- Area Manager, Benelux, GetYourGuide, Amsterdam.
- Senior Business Development Manager, GetYourGuide, NYC.
- New Partners Manager, Urban Adventures, Location flexible but preferably North America or EU.
- Local Sales Manager – West Coast, USA. THE LEISURE PASS GROUP LIMITED Las Vegas, Nevada.