How Liselot Started a Beer and Brewery Tour Business, the Story Behind BeerSecret
Liselot Caura reveals how she took her brewery tour business BeerSecret from a side hustle to a full-time business and outlines some of the challenges she faced.
Liselot joins us today to share the story behind BeerSecret. She describes her beginnings in the brewery industry and reveals what led her to switch from sales and promotion in breweries to leading beer tastings and tours.
She discusses how long it took her to take BeerSecret from a side hustle to a full-time business and outlines the challenges and lessons she learned along the way.
Liselot also provides advice on building relationships with bars and breweries as a food tour operator and underscores the value of knowing your customers.
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- How Liselot started her career in beer and alcoholic drinks
- How she pivoted from working in sales and promotion in breweries to leading beer tastings and tours
- Liselot’s passion for product and beer and the thought process behind naming BeerSecret
- The barriers Liselot experienced in running her business full-time
- How students helped Liselot build her business plan for Beer Secret
- Creating a community and marketing to locals during COVID-19
- How Liselot promoted free online tasting nights through Facebook
- Building passive income and what Liselot learned from pricing beer products in the beginning
- How Liselot is decreasing the risk of COVID-19 infections in her tours
- Cultivating relationships with bars and breweries as a food tour business
- Designing a unique beer tour and tasting
- Liselot’s thoughts on FareHarbor and its pros and cons
- The importance of knowing your target audience and finding other tour operators
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by Tourism Marketing Agency and Arival Las Vegas
What are the 5 minute workshops for tour businesses all about?
Get FREE access to Chris Torres’ 5-minute workshop series designed to help tour businesses make small changes with big, positive impacts.
Each episode in this 10-week series will help you understand and discover the skills and secrets behind running a successful tour business, like email marketing, video creation, sales processes, and review building.
More about today’s guest - Liselot Caura of BeerSecret
Liselot Caura is the Founder, Owner, and Guide at BeerSecret.
Liselot became one of the few women in the beer industry when, in 2014, she launched one of Ghent’s first craft beers, Crabbelaer, which quickly grew into a much-loved brew on the Belgian beer scene.
Wanting to take her passion for beer and Belgian culture further, Liselot launched Belgiumbeerdays in 2016 to inspire other beer lovers. In 2020,
Liselot rebranded the business as BeerSecret, through which she continues to deliver an exclusive and engaging beer and brewery experience.
The Arival Las Vegas Event is the conference designed for tour operators, attractions, and experienced creators – just like us.
Arival features many practical sessions to help tour operators with direct bookings, digital marketing tours and experience design, business operations, and so much more. Connect and learn from other OTAs, technology companies, and marketing experts and get inspired to grow your business in the year ahead.
To learn more about the 3 1/2 day Arival event on October 10-13 in Las Vegas and to grab your tickets, visit Arival.