Liselot Caura reveals how she took her brewery tour business BeerSecret from a side hustle to a full-time business and outlines some of the challenges she faced.
Liselot joins us today to share the story behind BeerSecret. She describes her beginnings in the brewery industry and reveals what led her to switch from sales and promotion in breweries to leading beer tastings and tours.
She discusses how long it took her to take BeerSecret from a side hustle to a full-time business and outlines the challenges and lessons she learned along the way.
Liselot also provides advice on building relationships with bars and breweries as a food tour operator and underscores the value of knowing your customers.
“It’s important that a place is unique from other places in your tour because your customers need to experience hidden gems.“
Liselot Caura – BeerSecret
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- How Liselot started her career in beer and alcoholic drinks
- How she pivoted from working in sales and promotion in breweries to leading beer tastings and tours
- Liselot’s passion for product and beer and the thought process behind naming BeerSecret
- The barriers Liselot experienced in running her business full-time
- How students helped Liselot build her business plan for Beer Secret
- Creating a community and marketing to locals during COVID-19
- How Liselot promoted free online tasting nights through Facebook
- Building passive income and what Liselot learned from pricing beer products in the beginning
- How Liselot is decreasing the risk of COVID-19 infections in her tours
- Cultivating relationships with bars and breweries as a food tour business
- Designing a unique beer tour and tasting
- Liselot’s thoughts on FareHarbor and its pros and cons
- The importance of knowing your target audience and finding other tour operators
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by Tourism Marketing Agency and Arival Las Vegas
More about today’s guest…
Liselot Caura of BeerSecret
Liselot Caura is the Founder, Owner, and Guide at BeerSecret.
Liselot became one of the few women in the beer industry when, in 2014, she launched one of Ghent’s first craft beers, Crabbelaer, which quickly grew into a much-loved brew on the Belgian beer scene.
Wanting to take her passion for beer and Belgian culture further, Liselot launched Belgiumbeerdays in 2016 to inspire other beer lovers. In 2020,
Liselot rebranded the business as BeerSecret, through which she continues to deliver an exclusive and engaging beer and brewery experience.