Tourpreneur’s Daily Briefing:-
What is the Tourpreneur Daily Briefing?
Shane Whaley online travel veteran and host of the Tourpreneur Podcast sifts through global industry websites, newspapers, magazines, and a variety of other resources to find the “must read” articles for each day, identify relevant job opportunities, and highlight new trends to watch.
He scours the news and curates the best material so you never miss out on the major news in our industry.
Tours and Activities OTA News, Global News, Tech and Digital Marketing News
‘From the dozens of conversations I had with incredibly motivating and clever people who are all trying to make a difference here are some takeaways from an operators perspective.’
- The Observation Deck at Hudson Yards has a new name. ‘Edge’ will be the highest observation deck in the Western Hemisphere. Glass floored, 1100 feet above the ground where you can walk out for 65 feet. Sounds amazing!
Got OTA/Tech news – email us here
Listen to the latest episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast
I caught up with Christian Watts and Viator founder Rod Cuthbert in Berlin to find out more about their new venture for tourpreneurs called Magpie Travel. Available on all good podcast apps and at www.tourpreneur.com/magpie
Tours and Activities in the News
- Whale Tries to ‘Eat’ Tour Operator in South Africa.
The South African dive tour operator has described the moment everything went dark as his head and torso were suddenly swallowed by a Bryde’s Whale mid feeding frenzy as it gulped down everything in its path.
- ‘A group walking tour is not my idea of fun. Next time I’ll take the bus‘
Behind a paywall – basically, columnist Sophia Money Coutts writes about her experience on a walking tour of Lisbon. She did not care for the jokes of the tour guide or the way he interacted with the group. I think she may prefer a private tour.
- Beer on tap astour of San Fernando Valley microbreweries offers glimpse of the growing brewing scene in the 818.
The brewery tour is one of a handful of tours focusing on the Valley’s unique history and character. Oscar Urrutia, vice president of the Valley Relics Museum, runs the tours.
- Boulder ski tour groups explain decision to remain open during historic avalanche season.
“We feel like we can still provide the client experience, but just dial it way back,” says one local ski tour operator.
Attractions in the News
- The World’s First Floating Museum Has Docked In Paris
- Washington D.C. Museum Opens Exhibit for Anniversary of Stonewall Riots
Career Opportunities – Jobs in Tours
Send us your tour and activities related jobs and we will publish them in the daily brief.
- Get Your Guide are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager in their NYC office.
- Walks are seeking a Director of Tour Operations– US based in Austin, TX.
- Are you familiar with API ticketing and/or Platform Services? Ingresso, an accesso company is on the hunt for the following roles:
Receive this digest in your email inbox every weekday
Receive this curated Tourpreneur briefing in your email inbox every weekday – sign up here.