Part 2 – What Should Tour Operators Blog About and how to organize your content!
In the second part of our Blogging for Tour Operators series, Dorene shares tips on what should tour operators blog about. Plus we discuss how tour operators can generate new ideas for your content.
Dorene highlights other types of content tour operators can create and why passion and conversion posts are both critical. She shares advice for blog content you can explore when you are just starting your tour business and the best keyword tools you can use to refine your posts.
We explore how tour businesses can use their competitor’s sites and others in their niche market to get content inspiration and how reciprocal sharing is an essential part of building your blog following.
Dorene also shares how you can organize your ideas into a content strategy, how Google Analytics can help you identify what’s working on your site, and subject areas you can cover to create an engaging tour blog post.
Check out Part 1 of our Essential Blogging Strategy for Tour Operators with Dorene Wharton.
Dorene Wharton is the Head Marketer and Strategist at Travel Life Media, a company helping accommodation, tour, and event businesses better market their brand through multimedia and video.
Dorene has more than 25 years of experience in brand strategy, marketing, and communication through website copy. She previously worked for DW Consulting as their Business Development and Marketing Strategist and Top Drawer Creative as their Advertising and Marketing Account Director. She has a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from Haskayne School of Business. Her base of operations is in Columbia, where she lives with her husband while running their business with remote working and location-independent teams.
This weeks episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast is sponsored by FareHarbor
- ✓ Enterprise-level, user friendly backend software that works great on both desktop and mobile.
- ✓ Process credit cards with the industry’s lowest rates: 1.9% + 30¢ for any card type.
- ✓ 24/7 support from our team in Denver, Amsterdam or Sydney, plus one-on-one personal training.
- ✓ When you’re ready to go live, we’ll transfer your future bookings and update your website.
- ✓ Expand your reach with established distribution channels
- ✓ The highest-rated reservation system across all categories, with client stories to prove it.
- ✓ We’re the fastest-growing company in the activity and tourism industry, with over 13,000 clients worldwide.
This week on Tourpreneur, Blogging Tips for Tour Operators
- What Should Tour Operators Blog About exactly?
- What you should be writing about and how you can come up with topics.
- Other content formats you can create for your blog.
- What are passion posts and conversion posts, and why you should do both.
- Advice for tour operator blogs when you are just starting your business.
- Top keyword tools you can use.
- How you can use competitor blogs and content in your niche market for inspiration.
- Why reciprocal sharing of content from your partners and other sources is essential.
- How you can organize your ideas into a content strategy for your tour blog.
- Google Analytics tips for identifying what is working for your site.
- Blog subject areas, such as your people, your mission, profiles and features, and more
Some of Our Favorite Quotes about blogging for tour operators:
- “Your local knowledge is really important to consumers.” – Dorene Wharton
- “Look at the content that is doing really well for you, that people are actually landing on and finding your website, and double down on it.” – Dorene Wharton
- “You are somewhat of an expert in a local market and showing something about a neighborhood, even if it’s on your tour, is useful information.”- Dorene Wharton
- “It’s the way you write it, so it’s not just about you. You’re talking to them.” – Dorene Wharton
Check out an earlier episode with Dorene on the Tourpreneur podcast. Dorene reveals her copywriting tips for tour operators.
Blogging Resources Mentioned:
- Blogging Tips for Tour Operators
- Blogging for Tour Operators Part 1
- Trip Hacks DC
- Crawl New Orleans
- Tripadvisor Travel Forum
- Escape Bicycle Tour & Rentals
Connect with Dorene Wharton:
- Travel Life Media
- Travel Life Media on LinkedIn
- Travel Life Media on Instagram
- Travel Life Media on Facebook
- Travel Life Media on Twitter
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Tourpreneur. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts Google or Spotify to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more tour operators
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and join the Tourpreneur Facebook community! And for more great content and information about the tours and activity industry, visit our website and subscribe to our Daily Brief emails.
Don’t miss the important news in the tours and activities industry! Each weekday I send out a curated quick to read email with all the major news in our industry. Sign up for your free Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Reach Out and Connect with Tourpreneur the Tour Operator Podcast.
More About Tourpreneur Host Shane Whaley