Today we discuss how you can pivot into local marketing for tour operators. We are joined by Marica Brewster, who runs the Von Mack Agency, a digital marketing agency that specializes in the tours and activities industry.
Marica shares her beginner-friendly tips on how to pivot into local marketing for tour operators plus Marica highlights the importance of mindset.
September’s Daily Brief and the Tourpreneur Podcast is kindly sponsored by Checkfront, the booking management platform that always has your back — like now.
Checkfront is giving away a multi-month free trial for Tourpreneurs so that you have plenty of time to explore the software and see how well it can support your business. Go to checkfront.com/tourpreneur to claim your free trial for the rest of the year.
- Von Mack Agency
- Von Mack Agency Portfolio
- Von Mack Agency – User Experience design tips for tour operators.
5 Local Marketing for Tour Operator Tips
1. Perfect your message first. (Heartstring pull/ why “in your back yard” positioning is different, message foundation w seo, listings, etc)
2. Know your numbers! (Budget, GA stats, incoming visitation, search volume, projections, etc.)
3. Choose media buys that allow for quick pivots and more immediate optimization. (Time to get granular, lean to digital because of opportunity)
4. Partnerships and product development can be an “in.” (Restaurants, dmo/cvbs, etc)
5. Give back to the community. (Being an active part of a community helps w referrals, warm leads, social proof, etc)