What is Tourpreneur?
Tourpreneur is a podcast and news site that deep dives into the journey of the tour operator.
What is the mission of Tourpreneur?
To inspire, empower, educate and connect tour operators around the world.
How do we do that?
By sharing the stories, journey, ideas, knowledge, values, success strategies, recommendations, and mentorship from tour operators. What we call ‘tourpreneurs.’
Also, by seeking out experts and individuals with specialized knowledge of the tours and activities industry.
Our mission is simple, to flatten the learning curve to help your tour business grow and to help you delight your customers by sharing the successes (and failures) of other tour operators.
Why You Should Listen to the Tourpreneur Podcast.
- To surround yourself with tour industry mentors who will inspire and motive you to achieve your dream.
- To learn what successful tour operator habits and characteristics you need to develop to be successful.
- To learn from the failures of other tour operators so you can avoid similar failures.
- We know it can be lonely being a tourpreneur, so once a week we bring you a story and journey from a fellow tour operator. We are often told by our listeners that the show helps them feel connected and a part of something. It also helps to know that other tour operators are struggling or are experiencing the same challenges you are.
- To absorb advice on how to raise funds recruit and retain tour guides.
- What is new with the booking platform companies, OTA and major changes in digital marketing.
- To hear more about the books, apps, tools and resources our guests read and recommend that could help improve your tour business.
- To discover new technologies and services the will make your tour business efficient, productive, and profitable.
Why am I doing this?
Online Travel Industry veteran Shane Whaley interviews Tourpreneurs from around the world. He walks you through their unique journey in the travel industry, their success strategies, proud achievements, and how they have dealt with challenges in their business. Shane deep dives into their business from concept to reality and reveals their productivity tips and advice for others.
‘It can be quite lonely being a ‘tourpreneur’ – through our podcast we hope to flatten the learning curve and help other tourpreneurs achieve profitability and success. We are not going to sugarcoat things either, we will talk about the highs and low of running a tour business. Our mission is to share real life stories and strategies for success.’
Shane Whaley – Producer and Host of Tourpreneur
Many tourpreneurs feel isolated and on their own. Tourpreneur is designed to share tips and advice to help more tour business owners be successful. Unlike the hotel and aviation industry, there are very few associations or network events for tourpreneurs.
We hope that Tourpreneur will help to build a community where tourpreneurs feel connected with others and can reach out for advice and support.
We also hope Tourpreneur will encourage more entrepreneurs to follow through with their idea for a tour related business and turn it into reality.
Shane dislikes the term ‘supplier’ and is not too keen on ‘operator’ either.
‘I always struggled with this in my time working at Get Your Guide. There is no defined industry word so I came up with Tourpreneur. I feel the word encapsulates the fact that many tour and activities owners need skills in so many different areas and are so much more than just a supplier.’
Follow us on linkedin