Digital Marketing Tips for Tour Operators with Evan Tipton Of TOMIS – meet the Marketing Agency (163)
Meet the Marketing Agency with TOMIS
Welcome to the second session of our exclusive Meet the Marketing Agency series guest hosted by Social Media Strategist Shawn Teasley
Evan, Billy, and Amada discuss digital marketing tips for tour operators, SEO best practices, Google Ads, and customer communications.
They explore how by integrating AI chatbots, SMS chat, and live chat systems tour operators can enhance the customer communication experience.
They share their advice for collaborating with marketing agencies and highlight why making your website mobile user-friendly is crucial.
Evan Tipton of TOMIS also explains what Google Core Vitals are and underscores why tour operators shouldn’t shortchange themselves on website hosting.
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
Meet the Marketing Agency
- What tour operators need to know about engaging and hiring an marketing agency.
- The correlation between organic website traffic and business revenue.
- What Google Core Web Vitals are and how to work with them.
- Choosing the best web hosting service for your tour business.
- Why you need to make your business website friendlier for mobile users.
- Structuring and formatting your website to make it SEO friendly.
- The value of adding your website to Google My Business.
- Using Google Ads as part of your overall marketing strategy to sell tours.
- The worst thing business owners can do when setting up Google Ads.
- Exploring AI chatbots, live chat, and SMS chat, and identifying how they work together in an overall marketing strategy.
- How letting a chatbot answer FAQs can help tour businesses enhance the customer experience.
- Billy’s advice for optimizing your online marketing strategies with agencies.
More about today’s guests
Evan Tipton is the CEO and Founder of Tour Operator Marketing Intelligence Software (TOMIS), a digital marketing assistant for tour operators. TOMIS helps clients focus on their businesses and drive substantial increases in revenue by automating marketing processes. Over the last 10 years, Evan has served in the travel and tourism industry, working in raft guiding, academic tourism, and SaaS travel startups in Silicon Valley. He earned his Master’s degree in International Conservation & Development at the University of Montana, where he also earned his Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management.
Billy Marquis is the President and owner of Arkansas River Tours, a leading tour operator in Colorado’s rafting industry. Billy is passionate about enhancing peoples’ lives through outdoor recreation. In the spirit of this mission, he has acquired Arkansas River Tours in 2017 and has committed to providing the safest, highest quality river tours.
The award-winning theater actress and singer, Amada Anderson, is the CEO and founder of New York Broadway Tours, an interactive walking, talking, and singing Broadway history company. Additionally, she is the owner and tour guide of Winter Haven Food Tours in Winter Haven, Florida, as well as the Secretary of the National Federation of Tourist Guide Associations.