Content Creation Tips for Tour Operators
Tourpreneur Patrick van Rosendaal of BE NY joins us today to share content creation tips for tour operators based on his own real-life experiences. He discusses how content plays a crucial role in your tour business.
We discuss whether you should build your business foundations before starting a podcast and reveal the strategies that will attract media attention. Patrick shares the pros and cons of Instagram Reels and Amazon Explore and how to attract an audience from Facebook. Patrick also shares how BE NY adjusted to the events of 2020.
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by Ventrata
Ventrata is a proven and versatile booking platform built for high volume tours and attractions. With contactless booking, payment and check-in solutions they can get your business back up and running quickly while keeping your staff and customers safe. For more visit us at Ventrata.
Are you looking to start or grow a travel-related podcast?
Why not hire the host and producer of Tourpreneur to give you a head start?
‘I am opening my calendar to a select few who want to create, launch and/or grow a podcast in 2021.
I am capping this at 3 people at a time because I am all about exceeding expectations. Drop me an email at [email protected] so we can plan a time to discuss your podcasting goals.
This week on Tourpreneur the tour operator podcast:
- Why it is vital to be a content factory and build a content library.
- Recognizing what you can’t do and when to outsource.
- Patrick’s tips for marketing and building relationships with journalists.
- Why you should add unique elements to your tours.
- How to price your tours and build your credibility.
- How to use Facebook to attract an audience for your business.
- Taking photos using cameras and smartphones.
- Creating virtual tours on Instagram Reels and Amazon Explore.
- How building a community of supporters has helped Patrick’s business survive 2020
Who is Patrick Van Rosendaal of BE NY?
Patrick Van Rosendaal is the Founder of BE NY, a tour company offering tours in New York City for Belgians.
Patrick started his career in Finance Marketing before working in the diamond industry and traveling all around the world.
He passed the official tour guide exam to become the first Belgian Licensed Tour Guide in New York City.
Patrick holds a Master of Communication Management and Consumer Marketing from Vlerick Business School.
He is also an official member of the prestigious GANYC tour guide association.
Some of Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You need to be a content factory because once you’re a content factory, you build a content library, and once you have that big content library you have reference and people will see you as the reference.” – Patrick Van Rosendaal
- “Everyone is different. Some people like to write, some people like to speak, some people like to take pictures. You have to find your tone of voice..” – Patrick Van Rosendaal
Connect with Patrick Van Rosendaal and BE NY
- BE NY
- BE NY on Instagram
- BE NY on Facebook
- BE NY on YouTube
- Be NY: From Tourist to New Yorker
- Patrick Van Rosendaal on LinkedIn
This episode is sponsored by: Ventrata
Exploring the World of Tour Entrepreneurship
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Tourpreneur. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more tour operators
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and join the Tourpreneur Facebook community! And for more great content and information about the tours and activity industry, visit our website and subscribe to our Daily Brief emails.
Don’t miss the important news in the tours and activities industry! Each weekday I send out a curated quick to read email with all the major news in our industry. Sign up for your free Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Reach Out and Connect with Tourpreneur the Tour Operator Podcast.
More About Tourpreneur Host Shane Whaley