How An Episode of Top Gear Inspired Jamie to Start His Own Tour business￼
How Jamie Built an Experiences Business Around Two Iconic Cars
Jamie Robinson joins us today sharing his journey of starting a tour business. He divulges his tactics to effective, authentic marketing on a budget. He describes his journey to being a tourpreneur and explains how an episode of the show, Top Gear, inspired him to start his experiences business based around two iconic cars.
He explains how to engage with a community without sounding like a pushy salesperson and discusses how he uses social media to promote his business.
Jamie also explains why Tourpreneurs shouldn’t be afraid to give away free experiences or services and underscores the importance of remembering your mission in business.
This week on Tourpreneur, the Tour Operator Podcast:
- Jamie’s background and what inspired him to start his tour business
- How he knew about the market for black cabs and Indian taxis
- Funding his first few cars for his tour business and how he acquired his first paying customers
- Engaging with a community or a Facebook group without coming off as too “sales-y”
- What it was like to drive Jamie’s Indian cab with a paying customer for the first time
- The power of networking and how Jamie built a partnership with a restaurant
- Using Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to promote a tour business
- Diversifying your business and the value of providing free resources
- How to forge a partnership with an iconic local hotel
- His advice for giving interviews to the media
- How Jamie figured out the pricing for his tours and services.
More about today’s guest - Jamie Robinson of Bollywood Cars and Black Cab Central of Sydney.
Jamie Robinson is the founder of Black Cab Central, a car-hiring and events services company dedicated to delivering unforgettable experiences.
Through Black Cab Central, Jamie provides his clients with car solutions for promotions, films, weddings, and other events. He is also the Director of Bollywood Cars, Australia’s only vintage Indian style Taxi service.
In addition to managing and operating Black Cab and Bollywood Cars, Jamie has been the Volunteer Director of Dachshund Rescue Australia since 2015.
- Book: The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-to-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss
- Book: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- Podcast: What You Will Learn