Part 1 – How to get started with blogging for your tour business.
Dorene Wharton of TravelLife Media returns to Tourpreneur today to share ideas and tips on blogging for tour operators. In part 1 of our blogging strategy for tour operators, she shares the foundational elements of creating interesting and compelling blog content.
We also discuss why it’s crucial to overcome your fears and feelings of impostor syndrome when it comes to blogging.
We discuss the questions you should ask yourself before starting a blog and why goal-setting and understanding your ‘why’ for your blog are critical for your success.
We explain how you can use your blog posts as a jumping-off point for other marketing strategies like social media and content marketing.
We discuss why it’s essential to identify your target audience and the value of discipline and consistency in producing your content. We also discuss what you should consider when troubleshooting low-performing blog posts, the importance of mentally preparing yourself for feedback and criticism from your readers, and the pros and cons of hiring a ghostwriter to write your blog content.
Stay Tuned for Part 2 of our Essential Blogging Strategy for Tour Operators
Dorene Wharton is the Head Marketer and Strategist at Travel Life Media, a company helping accommodation, tour, and event businesses better market their brand through multimedia and video.
Dorene has more than 25 years of experience in brand strategy, marketing, and communication through website copy. She previously worked for DW Consulting as their Business Development and Marketing Strategist and Top Drawer Creative as their Advertising and Marketing Account Director. She has a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from Haskayne School of Business. Her base of operations is in Columbia, where she lives with her husband while running their business with remote working and location-independent teams.
This weeks episode of the Tourpreneur Podcast is sponsored by Checkfront
The Daily Brief and the Tourpreneur Podcast is kindly sponsored by Checkfront, the booking management platform that always has your back — like now.
Checkfront is giving away a Homepage optimization handbook for activity and tour operators. Grab yours here.
This week on Tourpreneur, Blogging Tips for Tour Operators
- Key questions to ask yourself before starting a blog
- Getting over the fear of making your voice heard
- Using blogging to improve your website SEO and build your credibility as a tour operator
- Leveraging your blog posts for other types of content
- Identifying your blog’s target audience
- The importance of discipline and consistency when blogging for your business
- What to consider when troubleshooting low-performing blog posts
- Mentally preparing yourself for constructive criticism and how to handle harsh criticism
- How blogging for your tour business can really impact your company’s growth
- The pros and cons of working with ghostwriters and guest bloggers
Some of Our Favorite Quotes about blogging for tour operators:
- “I like to think of blogging as a really good jump-off point for a lot of things.” – Dorene Wharton
- “We think the pressure is high, but the pressure is relatively low because of the nature of the medium.” – Dorene Wharton
- “Your blog doesn’t have to be a thought-leadership type of piece. It can very much be a piece that’s about giving information.” – Dorene Wharton
Check out an earlier episode with Dorene on the Tourpreneur podcast. Dorene reveals her copywriting tips for tour operators.
Connect with Dorene Wharton:
- Travel Life Media
- Travel Life Media on LinkedIn
- Travel Life Media on Instagram
- Travel Life Media on Facebook
- Travel Life Media on Twitter
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Tourpreneur. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts Google or Spotify to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more tour operators
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and join the Tourpreneur Facebook community! And for more great content and information about the tours and activity industry, visit our website and subscribe to our Daily Brief emails.
Don’t miss the important news in the tours and activities industry! Each weekday I send out a curated quick to read email with all the major news in our industry. Sign up for your free Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Reach Out and Connect with Tourpreneur the Tour Operator Podcast.
More About Tourpreneur Host Shane Whaley