Today Peek‘s CEO Ruzwana Bashir and CTO Oskar Bruening join the Travel Mavericks to discuss their forecasts for the season ahead.
We discuss how you can enhance and increase your profitability and what impact the booking system you choose will have on them.
Oskar explains why, although there are new small booking systems that might meet your specific needs, the big systems should also be considered due to their time in usage and what user feedback has meant in improving those systems.
Ruzwana considers the problems small operators might have with scaling while coping with the uncertain future COVID-19 has presented to the industry and what she predicts will happen in the industry regarding re-platforming and other solutions to generate revenue and increase profitability.
This week on the Travel Industry Mavericks Show presented by Tourpreneur – the podcast for tour operators:
- How an operator should select a reservation system that is right for them.
- What you should look for when demo-ing booking systems.
- Why now is a good time to look at new booking systems.
- Interface: Why it’s pointless to have lots of features if your user can’t find them.
- Why you should try to avoid ‘Feature Creep’ in your system.
- How to do virtual experiences for remote teams.
- Why ‘Virtual’ is here to stay.
- Why software is the backbone of any merchant or system operators business.
Some of Our Favorite Quotes:
- “What’s going to move the needle and help your business? You can kind of think about that in ways that you can increase your revenue and your profitability.” Ruzwana Bashir
- “There’s ways in which you should be thinking about how you can make the customer experience better and how can the Rez Tech help you, and facilitate you, with that.” – Ruzwana Bashir
- “All the best tech systems that have been around for five, ten years are usually the ones who built something and then got a lot of customer feedback and made it better, and made it better, and made it better.” – Oskar Bruening
- “Often what happens when people are building products is that they add more and more features, but they don’t make it easier to find them and use them.” – Ruzwana Bashir
Connect with Peek’s Ruzwana Bashir & Oskar Bruening:
- Peek Website
- Peek on LinkedIn
- Peek on Instagram
- Peek on Facebook
- Peek on Twitter
- Ruzwana Bashir on LinkedIn
- Oskar Bruening on LinkedIn
Today’s episode of Tourpreneur is kindly sponsored by Checkfront
Spend Less Time Learning Booking Software
Get your online booking system up and running in no time with a reliable support team.
Try Checkfront risk-free for 21 days. No credit card required.
Who are the Travel Industry Mavericks?
Peter Syme is the Managing Director of 1000 Mile Journeys and is obsessed with adventure travel, having visited more than 120 countries himself. He splits his time between being the Owner/Operator of several small niche adventure travel companies and helping startups as a strategic advisor. He is also a well-known conference speaker, recently speaking in the UK, Germany, Morocco, and the USA.
Connect with Peter Syme:
Christian Watts is the Founder of Magpie Travel, a SaaS company that focuses on content management for the tour and activities sectors. Best known as the Founder and CEO of City Sightseeing San Francisco, Christian came from the north of England and was one of the early adopters of web-based distribution strategies. He has a BA Hons in Economics and Management from the University of Leeds.
Connect with Christian Watts:
- Magpie Travel
- Magpie Travel on LinkedIn
- Magpie Travel on Facebook
- Magpie Travel on Twitter
- Christian Watts on LinkedIn
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Tourpreneur. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more tour operators
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and join the Tourpreneur Facebook community! And for more great content and information about the tours and activity industry, visit our website and subscribe to our Daily Brief emails.
Don’t miss the important news in the tours and activities industry! Each weekday I send out a curated quick to read email with all the major news in our industry. Sign up for your free Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Reach Out and Connect with Tourpreneur the Tour Operator Podcast.
More About Tourpreneur Host Shane Whaley