Today we discuss how you can pivot into local marketing for tour operators. We are joined by Marica Brewster, who runs the Von Mack Agency, a digital marketing agency that specializes in the tours and activities industry.
Marica shares her beginner-friendly tips on how to pivot into local marketing for tour operators plus Marica highlights the importance of mindset.
5 Local Marketing for Tour Operator Tips
1. Perfect your message first. (Heartstring pull/ why “in your back yard” positioning is different, message foundation w seo, listings, etc)
2. Know your numbers! (Budget, GA stats, incoming visitation, search volume, projections, etc.)
3. Choose media buys that allow for quick pivots and more immediate optimization. (Time to get granular, lean to digital because of opportunity)
4. Partnerships and product development can be an “in.” (Restaurants, dmo/cvbs, etc)
5. Give back to the community. (Being an active part of a community helps w referrals, warm leads, social proof, etc)
Not sure how to market your tours and activities locally?
Checkfront just released an in-depth and highly actionable e-book on local marketing, which covers everything from optimizing your local presence online to standing out in the local community. Get your free copy today!
Don’t miss the important news in the tours and activities industry! Each weekday I send out a curated quick to read email with all the major news in our industry. Sign up for your free Tourpreneur Daily Briefing.
Links and Resources Mentioned on Episode 89 of Tourpreneur – A Podcast for Tour Operators
- Von Mack Agency
- Von Mack Agency Portfolio
- Von Mack Agency – User Experience design tips for tour operators.
Reach Out and Connect with Tourpreneur
More About Tourpreneur Host Shane Whaley